Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services by you (the Customer or you or your) and Editorial Office (EOL or we or us) a company registered in England and Wales under number 04730213 whose registered office is at Avebury House, 6 St Peter Street, Hampshire, SO23 8BN with email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked 'I Accept'. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Services and Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. EOL will check your manuscript according to a pre-defined checklist which is supplied on the website. No other elements will be checked.
4. It is your responsibility to provide the correct and full name for the journal you wish to submit to
5. It is your responsibility to provide the correct on-line submission website URL. Author guidelines will be downloaded from this site and a copy will be returned to you with the edited manuscript.
6. It is your responsibility to provide us with the correct details regarding your manuscript submission, including the article type and any other journal specific information.
7. If your e-mail address is not functional and we encounter issues such as e-mail bouncing, we are not liable for delivery of your files. We will try and contact you once through the contacts provided by you on our submission form. You should contact us to receive your edited files in such situations.
8. We always deliver edited documents within the deadline promised to you. In case you do not receive your document, please contact us immediately. In addition, check your e-mail spam folder.
9. EOL does not submit your manuscript to your chosen journal. This responsibility remains with you.
10. EOL does not guarantee that your manuscript will be accepted into peer review or for publication by your chosen journal.
11. By uploading or sending any User Content, you give EOL (and those who work with us) a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable, license to store and use your User Content in connection with the provision of the services.
12.User Content will be stored on a secure server and accessed only by approved staff in connection with the provision of the services.
13.EOL will save your documents for up to one calendar month for reference. All files will be deleted after this time. If you wish us to delete your files prior to this deadline, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com .
15. We may contact you by using e-mail.
Basis of Sale
16. The description of the Services in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
17. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
18. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to you as an individual. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different arrangement with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you.
Fees and Payment
19. The fee for the Services is that set out on the Website at the date we accept your Order. Prices for Services are calculated on a fixed price.
20. Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
21. You must pay by via by submitting your credit or debit card details via our linked PayPal site. You do not need a PayPal account and can check out as a guest.
22. We will deliver the Services by email within the agreed period.
23. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Services on time, you can require us to reduce the Fees or charges by an appropriate amount (including the right to receive a refund for anything already paid above the reduced amount). The amount of the reduction can, where appropriate, be up to the full amount of the Fees or charges.
Right to cancel
24. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
25. Cancellations can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
26. Cancellation fees will be charged based on the amount of work that has been completed on the assignment.
27 Cancellation fees will be deducted from payment and balance paid via PayPal.
Conformity and Guarantee
28. We have a legal duty to supply the Service in conformity with the Contract and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation. Upon delivery, the Service will:
a. be of satisfactory quality;
b. conform to the description.
29. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
30. We will supply the Services with reasonable skill and care.
Duration, termination and suspension
31. The Contract continues as long as it takes us to perform the Services.
32. On termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
33. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery (and the right to cancel below).
34. Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
35. These Terms and Conditions should be read alongside, and are in addition to our policies, including our privacy and cookies policy (www.editorialoffice.co.uk/privacy).
The Supplier does not exclude liability for
a. any fraudulent act or omission
b. death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations.
Subject to this, we are not liable for a loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made,
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
37. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
38. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
39. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions
‘Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
‘GDPR' means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Services and Goods to you.
Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Services to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com .
Our Contact Information:
Station Yard, Overton, Hampshire RG25 3JH
10 minutes from Junction 8 of the M3
55 minutes from Waterloo (direct mainline)
Tel: 0845 834 0370
Fax: 01256 771303
Avebury House, 6 St Peter St, Winchester SO23 8BN
If you would like to send us an enquiry please click the button below.